Thursday, August 21, 2014

From Brattleboro, VT to Maine

Brattleboro, Vermont for the night . . .


Traveling through Albany NY to Brattleboro VT we settled down for the night at Hidden Acres Campground on Hwy 5. Nothing special about it other than a good place to stop for the night and get a much needed shower. Site was level and the folks were nice at the campground. Photos below are of the campground office, our site and a nice playground for kids. As you can see, it was an overcast day.





Rough roads in NY State . . .

But I have to say that NY's roads leave a lot to be desired. They were shaking Lexi apart. Whether on the interstate or back roads, you need to be prepared. We left the interstate to get a feel for the local countryside. Only when we got to Vermont did we find decent roads. I literally found screws in the floor after stopping for the night from the wooden molding surrounding the TV. 


GPS died . . .


Our Garmin had to be replaced at a Wal-Mart. The other one has died and this one is newer and larger. We will see how it does. If I could have found a Camping World I would have tried one of their new Magellan's. 

Eating Maine Lobster . . . 

We traveled up the Maine coast and spent most of the day trying to find a restaurant which was almost an impossibility. You would think Maine would be full of eateries. Not so easy to do with an RV to park. We did stop near Woolrich at a Taste of Maine Restaurant. I was dying to try lobster for the first time. I didn't know how to eat it so I chose a lobster seafood roll. If I had't been so hungry, I probably wouldn't have finished it. Lobster is not my cup of tea. Ugh! Some of the other items on the menu looked like they would have been more tasty. As they say, "to each his own", and I found out that my own is not lobster.



A Little Maine Architecture . . .




Wal-Mart tonight . . .


We are spending a few nights at Wally World in between campground nights to save a few bucks and tonight is at a lovely new Wal-Mart in Rockport/Camden, Maine area, right on Hwy 1 - very friendly staff and level parking lot. We will visit Acadia National Park tomorrow. Hoping to see the ocean finally. So far we've just seen some fishing villages and docks.

No comments:

Post a Comment