Wednesday, August 03, 2011

"peek a boo"

Haiku from nature...

Tall grasses swaying;
peek a boo and hide and seek...
young fawns playing

A recent trip to Kentucky's Mammoth Cave National Park left me fascinated with young fawns playing outside our RV one bright and beautiful  morning. Naturally I had to grab my camera and get off a few snapshots. These two deer paid very little attention to me except for an occasional game of peek a boo and allowed me to get fairly close in. The campground was nearly empty, so I was by myself with these little critters - me and my camera and the deer. Trusting little creatures they were. I wondered where Momma deer was. Maybe they were old enough to be weaned and left on their own. This was such a delight and I marvel at any chance like this to experience the pleasure of close encounters with nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment